Sunday 4 June 2017

The Bank of Life.


I just could not resist this early this morning. The moment lasted a short time as I awaited my walking companions. The sun was just rising at my back. and the shadows of two trees behind me captured me in the moment.

It had an almost alien feeling about it. Was this some sinister being coming to carry me away? Was it the grim reaper coming to cash in his account of me?

As I walked those thoughts flashed through my brain, yes I do still have a bit of brain still functioning.

Of course this wandering mind of mine does not ever stop at those flashing moments.

Cashing in my account was the start of an interesting thread of thought.

Imagine you had a bank account that every morning deposited £86,400 into your account each morning. This account carries over no balance from day to day, allows you the bank account holder to keep no balance, every evening it cancels everything of the amount you failed to use during that day.

What would you do? Draw out every pound each day?

In truth we all have just such a bank. It is called, "The Bank of Time."

Every morning it credits us with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off as lost , whatever time you have failed to use or have killed, using it unwisely.

It carries no balance from the day before or from day to day. It allows no overdraft so you cannot borrow against yourself or use more than you have.

Each day the account starts fresh. Each night unused time is destroyed. If you fail to use the days deposits its your loss and you cannot appeal.

There is never any borrowing time. You cannot take out a loan and you cannot borrow from another account. The time you have is the time you have and that is it.

Time management is how you decide to use it or to spend it.

It is never the case of us never having enough it is always just a case of how we choose to use it.

What are our priorities?

Hae a good day I hope I have not wasted any of your precious time reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment