Friday 16 June 2017

Just a little difference.



Not long after I took up painting I painted my dog, Damon, a German Shepherd. He was a lovely good natured dog and a great running companion for me. He was always there when I had a really bad time with my voice being unable to speak for months.

I looked again at that painting and although I could still see my dog as he was I was sure I could have made a better job of it. I went back to it and the first thing I noticed was that the eyes could be improved. I did that and then went on to make other changes. The great thing about working on my iPad is that I can make changes and still look back to the original. 

Having been painting for a fair length of time and tried many ways of doing art I thought it was time to try again. This time on the iPad. I still wanted to use a pastel effect. Above is my latest attempt. Am I happy with it? Yes. it is my dog. The years have made a difference I think I am getting better.

More about my dog and companion.

I used to joke that he knew what I was saying without saying it and he never argued back. Now that is not like me and those I love. We often have differences of opinion, sadly they are not always the same as mine and this can lead to friction.

The one thing that I have learned is that differences of opinion are just what they are differences. They should never come between friends or loved ones. 

I was brought up to believe that fallouts and differences of opinion should always be sorted out at the earliest possible opportunity. never sleep on an argument, both my Gran and my father said to me.

This is so different from the the husband and wife who had argued all day and as bedtime approached they were still not speaking.

The husband had a very important meeting the next day and to get there had to awaken at the latest  4-30am. Being a heavy sleeper he relied on his wife to awaken him, he could sleep through an alarm clock no bother.

Cleverly, he thought, while his wife was in the bathroom, he wrote on a slip of paper. "I have a plane to catch for an important meeting please wake me at 4-30am. he put the note on his wife pillow and went to sleep.

He awoke the next morning and looked at the clock. It was 8am. Enraged that he had missed his flight he was about to go in search of his wife to give her a piece of his mind, then he spotted a hand-written note beside his bedside cabinet.

The note read, "It is 4-30 am - get up"

As I say never go to sleep on an argument.

Have a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment