Monday 12 June 2017

The Art Thief.


When I arrived here today there was an even taking place just outside the site. I wandered up and there in front of me was this lovely old couple. They were dressed in traditional French outfits. They were a lovely old couple. Now what caught my eye was the way they were enjoying their ice cream cones. They were like two very young lovers sharing a special moment.

Not wanting to intrude on this shared moment I have captured them behind I hope you can see the cone in the ladies hand.

Love does not die it merely matures.

I cannot claim to be a famous artist or even a good one but I felt a bit like some of the old masters as I captured the scene.

I was reminded of the story of the art thief.

An art thief spent ages planing in fine detail the theft of art from the Louvre in Paris. Having managed to get into the Louvre and get the paints from the wall and into his van all was looking well.

Then the wheels fell off his plan, the van ran out of petrol and stopped. He was taken into custody  and bought to trial. At trial he was given bail to appear in four weeks.

As he left the court he was asked by a press reporter how he had managed such meticulous planning but ran out of petrol/

"Simple, " he said, "I had no Monet for Degas to make the Van Gogh"

My apologies my mind is never at its best when I have been travelling, hope you like the wee painting though.

Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment