Tuesday 13 June 2017

Men will be Men.





Today I watched on two occasions events that had me thinking that maybe I was not seeing what I thought I was seeing.

Families had arrived on site and were setting up on one pitch their caravan on another their tent. What amazed me on both occasions was that it was the females who were doing all the work while the male on one pitch rigged up his hammock and proceeded to rest it.

On the other again the families did all the work while the male headed off to collect the pizzas. I really believed we lived in an enlighten and equal age.

This reminded me of the tale about the creation of man that I heard while studying  Theology at University. It goes like this.

Eve speaks to God.

"God I have been thinking."

"What is on your mind Eve?" asks God

"Well, I know that you created me and this beautiful garden and all those wonderful creatures, but lately I have been feeling maybe there is more to life."

"Go on ,"says God.

"Sometimes I get a bit bored and fancy a bit of fun. I get a bit fed up with all the heaving and lifting and the carrying and warding off the mammoths and sabre tooth tigers, not to mention that snake. This garden can be a dangerous place."

"I see ,"says God pausing for thought.

"Eve I have a cunning plan," says God, "I will create Man for you."

"Mam?" asks Eve, "what is Man?"

"Man," says God "Is a flawed creature, he will have many weaknesses and disgusting habits. Man will lie and cheat and behave like an idiot. In fact mostly he will be a complete pain in the backside. On the plus side he will be strong and big and be able to protect you. He will hunt and kill things for you which might be handy at times.He will lose control of mind and body when aroused but with a bit of training can reach acceptable standards in the bedroom department, if you know what I mean."

"Hmm," says Eve, "Seems like this man idea might be worth a try, but tell me this God, is there anything else I need to know?"

"Just this," says God "Man comes on one condition. In keeping this arrogant deluded, self important, character, man will naturally believe that he was created first, and frankly we all have better things to do than argue, so you must keep all this secret between us, if that is ok with you. You know, woman to woman.

Now think about that for a moment. Then smile, and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment