Tuesday 1 January 2019

New Year.


A New Year Abstract.

I painted this prior to my bout in bed with a cold that went to my chest and left me with no energy or breath. Inspired by a walk on a frosty morning with the sun shining through the trees the path almost impossible to be seen before me. 

A bit like standing on the brink of another year. We have no idea what this year will bring but we can resolve to make it as good as we are able to and little more.

As we can read in the Book of Proverbs,  "Boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth."

I have never been one to make New year Resolutions as I have said here before but I thought I would just have one or two that I just might manage to keep.

Resolved:  Never to lose one moment of time, but to improve it in the most profitable way I possibly can. 

Resolved:  To live with all my might, while I do live.

Resolved: Never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life. 

Resolved:  Never to do anything out of revenge.

Resolved:  Never to speak evil of anyone, so that it shall tend to his/her dishonour, more or less, upon no account except for some real good.

I think I just might manage these. Have a wonderful day and a Happy New Year to You and Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment