Friday 4 January 2019

Stormy Days.


Stormy Days

I have now been fighting with one of the worst colds I have experienced in a very long time since just before Christmas. It has floored me taking all of my sense of taste smell and removing all energy from my days. Even sitting writing for a little while each morning is a task beyond measure.

Painting has become something that can only be done in very small measures so the above abstract has taken many hours to create on my iPad even although it has been lurking around in my head for many days.

Like most people, I find such things so very difficult to live with and am probably not doing myself any good at all trying to force myself to do things. 

Maybe there are just some things in life that we have to learn to cope with and live with until they change.

Back in 1839, James Espy claimed that rain could easily be produced by heating the air. But his plan to saturate parched farmland by building great log fires across vast stretches of the American West never materialised. 

Later in the 19th century, a new theory emerged, loud noises would bring rain. This theory was put to the test in Texas, where Robert Dyrenforth piled up enough munitions for a small war. He blasted away at the skies, but as one observer wrote, "He attacked from the front and rear, by the right and left flank. But the sky remained clear as the complexion of a Saxon maid." 

There are some things in life that just take their own time and rejoice that at such times we have friends to help.

Have a wonderful day I hope to be back fully in the land of the living soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment