Monday 24 December 2018

Tomorrow.




I walked this path yesterday and could not help but think about the old saying of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Fortunately, my path turned off to the left so I never discovered what I might have seen if I had continued and saw the light. My life has been one of many turns and twists and often convinced I had, in fact, this time seen the light only to discover later that there was yet more light to be seen.

Yet I have always tried to make my decisions and turn not in the dark but in the light of all the facts and circumstances. On the whole, I have managed and on this Christmas Eve, I rejoice that I have reached another without too many mishaps and in that, I rejoice.

Making decisions in the dark can lead to some regrettable consequences. 

Back in the days before electricity, a tightfisted old farmer was taking his hired man to task for carrying a lighted lantern when he went to call on his best girl. 

"Why," he exclaimed, "when I went a-courting' I never carried one of them things. I always went in the dark." 

"Yes," the hired man said wryly," and look what you got!" 

My wish for each and everyone who takes a moment to read this is that tomorrow will be a day full of light and laughter.

A very Happy Christmas to one and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment