Saturday 9 September 2017

Yin and Yang


I just could not resist having a little fun with this yin yang sign when I saw on a friends page. The symbol has played an important part in my life over more than half of my years. Even as a parish minister I wore this symbol on my jacket. 

I remember once visiting the prison where I was chaplain and asked to remove it because it was a political symbol. I said nothing and removed it but went home and prepared a little card about the meaning of it for the next time I was asked to remove it. It duly happened and I handed over the card. I was never asked again to remove it, nobody wanted to have to read the card again. 

Not exactly yin and yang I am aware but it worked without conflict. 

So we have had a few days of my little serious thoughts the yang, now one or two little thoughts I had as I walked yesterday in the forest. The yin side of my thinking.

I wondered why the golf was getting bigger. Then it hit me. 

Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now. 

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. 

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.
 
When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.
 
 A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.
 
A thief fell and broke his leg in wet cement. He became a hardened criminal.
 
Thieves who steal corn from a garden could be charged with stalking. 

 We'll never run out of math teachers because they always multiply. 

Have a little chuckle and a could day.

No comments:

Post a Comment