Friday 8 September 2017

A thing of Beauty.


A friend commented that I seemed to be showing a new side of myself the other day there. A more contemplative and relaxed side and I had even gone as far as to expose a picture of my old and weary face, something I have been somewhat reluctant to do.

The truth is that since coming back to France I have had a bit more time to reflect. This is not a new side of me but that side that I keep very much to myself. 

Now that being said I hope I am not becoming boring and promise to be back soon to sharing a chuckle or a smile.  But another little reflection.

I spent some time near where Monet painted lilies and I experienced the joy of seeing some of those paintings.

Today having arrived at another place I went walking where I had some memorable walks in the past through woods and forests. On the etange, or lake there were many lilies growing though no longer in flower, never a problem to an artist.

AS I walked I painted the above in my mind, or might I say I changed my mind about a work in progress. I decided to make it much more abstract in feel losing the realistic look I had been working on.  I did leave on lily fairly real.

Why? I was thinking of the buddha speaking of the lotus and how it had to fight its way through the deep muddy bottom where its roots lay. Reaching up through the dark deep waters.  I have tried to portray this in the semi abstract. 

WE all reach up through the difficult times and struggles of life, that my friends Jim was speaking of the other day. To reach the light and overcome the hardships to be as we are a thing of joy and beauty to others. 

Back to the picture of me from yesterday, shows some of us have a bit to go. 

Have a marvellous day and be a joy to all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment