Wednesday 27 September 2017

Who Brews First.




The painting above is I think still a work in progress. A friend Marina sent me the photograph and I thank her for that. I have made no effort as yet to reproduce it rather I have tried to capture it in a very impressionistic way capturing the mood rather than the reality. 

One of my great loves in life is an expresso coffee preferably sitting at a roadside bistro watching the world go by. I also look forward to the first cup in the morning nice and strong, it sets me up for the day. 

The coffee made here in France for some reason or another always just tastes that little bit different.

One of the other joys of being away in the van is the kind of tradition we have built up over the years of having a coffee before rising while I read a few chapters of my present book.

No argument about who makes this early morning coffee it is just a case of whoever.

This is so unlike the man and his wife who argued all the time about who was making the first brew of the day.

So this day the  man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning.

The wife said, "You should do it because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee.

The husband said, "You are in charge of cooking around here and
you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."

Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."
Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me."

So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages that it indeed says... "HEBREWS"

Now how can you argue with that?

Enjoy your daily brew and have a great day.





No comments:

Post a Comment