Friday 22 September 2017

A Little Poem


I was crossing the above bridge two days ago and as I looked into the waters below I saw a coypu raise its head above the water, just for the briefest of moments. My eye caught its and for a second we held each others gaze, then off he traveled on his way seeking the food for the day.

As I left a thought crossed my mind that this was one of those little seconds that would add to the memories of my time in that place. Happy thoughts that I could return to and enjoy again and again.

I wandered on my last two miles and the thoughts of moments filled my head. I share with you some of those thoughts in this little poem. 




A Moment.

It is just a moment,
It flashes by unnoticed,
Not even long enough to catch a feather with a fan,
A second in time,
But  long enough to say I love you,
Or to utter a harsh word.
To make another smile or cry.
It is gone and never will return.
Every moment must be held dear.
It is another one less for you this year.
This life
A moment of your  time give thought.
And use to lift a heart,
It is the precious moments shared
That add to the value of your being,
Those moments add to the treasured
Memories that you will leave behind
Once the sands of time have come and gone

And the moments are no more.

I hope your day is filled with little moments that feed the memory banks for tomorrow. Have a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment