Thursday 21 September 2017

The joys of camping


I have enjoyed my camping experience in this little place where I have stayed for the last four or five weeks. I have been here often before and the experience has always been the same. I have walked every day clocking up some 14 or so miles every day. I have seen wildlife here I have never experienced very many other places.  

The foraging has also been excellent walnuts, grapes but to mention a few.

So today I move again to another spot I love being in. So a short little tale today about camping.

I have a friend who told me about his camping experiences in Alaska. He came across a notice advising hime to take care for bears. 

Tourists and campers are warned  to wear tiny bells on their clothing when hiking in bear country. The bells warn away MOST bears. 
Tourists and campers are also cautioned to watch the ground on the trail, paying particular attention to bear droppings to be alert for the presence of Grizzly Bears.
One can tell a Grizzly dropping because it has tiny bells in it.
Do take care you never know when you might hear the tinkle of a little bell.
Have a great day as I travel to my next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment