Sunday 17 September 2017

Friends


The title of todays blog really says it all if I am to be honest but I beg you patience with me for today. The above little painting some might recognise something about it. I did paint it yesterday but I painted it almost a year ago so to some extent it is an old friend of mine. It was nice to see that there were little autumn crocus all around the base, not sure I have captured them all that well. 

Had gone walking and came across it again and recognised it instantly, an old friend.

Two seeds.

Two seeds fell to the ground and each began to grow,
They reached up together to the light and where they wished to go.
As they grew they faced across the way.
and saw each other struggle day by day.
They reached towards and held embrace,
The two becoming one.
Together up they stretched 
supporting helping holding strong.
Here they stand and show the way
forward hand in hand.

A message of friendship. 

I also made a new little friend, no doubt our paths will never cross again but I will remember him even though he does not remember me and my walnut. 


He was the tiniest little mouse I have ever come across. He took the bit of walnut I had picked from the tree and opened and sat and munched. I felt so close to him. Having finished I guided him off the path and he scurried away.

Now I make a little jump. Is there a connection between these two things and my next picture? 


A meringue! Now what has that to do with friendship. First they are my passion. But they are also the passion of my good friend Bert. I cannot see a meringue without thinking of him and our shared love of them. We were at the ordination of another friend. After the official ceremony and ordination there was a gathering of friends for coffee and snacks. Bert and I espied a plate of meringues and made a beeline for them. 

For the rest of the evening we stood chatting and joking to many many people, every so often reaching behind us for another meringue. At the end of the function as we left to head home a dear old lady handed us each a little bag with the words, "These are the ones you did not manage to finish." She smiles and so did we.

I am reading a book just now about a man who was murdered in his home and nobody missed him for four months, and only then when his electricity was being cut off for failure to pay.

It has made me think much about how fortunate I am to have friends and the joys we share.

I have another dear friend who just the other day told me he was lonely. I really do need to do something about that. Friends should never feel lonely.  

I am sure we all have friends we know we should be making just a little more effort to see or share with. 

Somebody once said, "Loneliness is not being alone, but not having anyone to miss.

Maybe we could all take stock and see if there is somebody who would like to have you to miss and call a friend. 

Have a great day and again my apologies for my inward looking blog for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment