Sunday 23 October 2016

No Email.




It never fails to make me wonder when I realise just how different things could have been. So many things in life turn on one little moment or one yes or no. Agreeing to one thing changes the whole course of your life. 

Yet so often those decisions and moments happen without much thought in what will happen next.

Had I not met this person or that. had I not done this or that. If I had said yes to that then this would not have happened. 

It begins to make you wonder more and more about each decision you make as life moves on.

A jobless man applied for the position of toilet cleaner at a very big company.
The employer interviewed him, then a test: clean the floor.
“You are hired.” – the employer said. “Give me your email address, and I’ll send you the application to fill, as well as when you will start.”

The man replied, “I don’t have a computer, neither an email.”
“I’m sorry,” said the employer, “if you don’t have an email that means you do not exist. And who doesn’t exist, cannot have the job.”
The man left with no hope. He didn’t know what to do, with only £5 in his pocket.

 He then decided to go to the supermarket,  he spoke to the manager and for a small fee bought up all the old wooden boxes.  He broke them up into firewood which he sold round the doors. 

In less than two hours, he succeeded and doubled his capital.

He then, with the money he had earned went to the fruit market and purchased some fresh fruit and flowers. Again he sold them door to door.

He began to do this every day each day he was able to purchase a little more. Eventually he bought a cart to make life easier. 

Soon he had to buy a van and before long he was employing another man with a second van. Soon he had a fleet of vans selling fresh good produce.

The man was now providing well for his family and had his own house.  he thought that he should now make provision for their future.

He called in an insurance broker to help him chose a good protection plan and an investment plan for the coming days when he might not be so able. 

At the end of the discussion and all the plans and policies had been drawn up The broker asked for his email address so that he could send hime all the paperwork. 

"I do not have an email address ," said the man.

The broker replied curiously, “You don’t have an email, and yet have succeeded to build an empire. Do you imagine what you could have done if you had an email?”

The man paused and smiled. "If I had an email address I might have been a toilet cleaner."

On a little decision the wheels of life turn.

I have made a decision that tomorrow I get back to the easel and get some paintings on my website.

Now whether that happens or not is in the lap of the gods and tomorrows decisions. And of course my procrastination, but that is another story.

Have a good day and make good choices, for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment