Friday 14 October 2016

Anyone who has a heart!


I thought I would share this picture with you this morning. I do so for all those friends who jokingly say to me so often that I have no heart. We'll here you are friends I do have a heart. 

Ok so I was about to bread the fish and cracked an egg into a dish ready to whip it up and there it was a heart. 

Reminded me of the story of the man who was obviously full of heart. 

A lad named Joe was given a free ticket to go and see the Super Bowl in the USA. He was given it by his company for his good service for the previous year. 

Unfortunately when he arrives at the stadium and is shown to his seat he discovers he is in the back row what feels likes miles from the action.

About a quarter of the way into the game he is looking through his binoculars and notices an empty seat right down near the field of play. 

He decides to take a chance and makes his way through the stadium to the empty seat.  He passes the security man without a problem and approaches the seat. 

Sitting next to the empty seat is an old gentleman. Joe turns to him and asks, "Excuse me is this seat empty?"

The old man turns to him and says,"No." Joe says, "Now why would anybody pay for such a marvellous seat and not use it. "

"The seat actually belongs to me," says the old man. "I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first super bowl we haven't been together at since we got married."

"Well, that is really sad," says Joe. "Couldn't you get anybody else to take the seat? A friend or a close relative?"

"No," says the old man, "they're all at the funeral."

Have a great day. Probably nothing more important on the schedule than to enjoy ourselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment