Sunday 22 July 2018

The little web of life.


Yes, I have tried this also. There is very little I have not tried in my search for meaning and purpose. I painted these my fingers as they began to get knarled and buckled. My little fingers, as is my daughters, have always been bent. I was told when young this was a sign of being artistic. I can tell you that playing the clarinet with two bent fingers was not something that came easy.

Yes, I have tried many things in my search for meaning and purpose. Yesterday as I moved around the village making a final push in the clearing operation for the judging of the floral artistry of the village and the pride we have in it I found myself for a moment captivated by a spider.

I have seen many reactions to the presence of a spider everything from fear, disgust and captivation.  I have always been captivated by their splendour.

They are almost the perfect creation for their purpose. They have worked hand in hand with the Chi of life and seem set in where they are. Its body almost perfectly expresses its mind.

it spins beautiful threads, and its legs and body are exactly suited to both create and walk its web. From the centre, it spins its world radiating outwards with never a thread more than it requires.

its whole being goes with the flow of life around it and its sets its pattern. it knows its space and it weaves its pattern in accord with that space. It works at one with nature and does nothing to interfere. It simply does what it does and then waits for nature to provide. That which comes to it, it accepts. That which does not come to it is not its concern.

Once the work is done it waits. it does not contemplate expansion. it does not make war on its neighbours. it does not go for adventures in other lands or places. it does not try to fly to the moon. It speculates on nothing. It does not indulge in speculative thinking or enslave its fellow spiders.

The spider is simply a spider and it seems content so to be. 

Yes, I have, like many others, tried many things to find the meaning and purpose of my life. I wonder if there will ever come a day when I will sit back content just to be who and what I am?

I am slowly and surely learning, as the spider has long ago, to go with the flow. have a beautiful day and weave a lovely pattern of contentment for your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment