Sunday 8 July 2018

A Brand New World.



I so hate complaining and sadly the world is full of many such, but I have to admit that there are just somethings that I find very difficult and in spite of myself I find myself asking why?

In this age of marvellous technology, and marvellous personal headphones able to share over Bluetooth,  why do I great emails from a company telling me about their great new speaker with plenty of sound ability, just ideal for the beach or park, where it is possible to inflict your preference of music on everybody else in a radius of half a mile and more?

It seems we have a new set of equations for life.

Do you want intimacy? Then find somebody and have sex.

Do you want to feel energetic? Simple drink strong coffee or one of the new marvellous high energy drinks.

Do you want freedom from inhibitions? Again simple purchase some of the cheap strong alcohol available on special offer.

Do you want to look cool and sophisticated?  Here in France, you are told to smoke a certain brand of cigarette and many females do just that. 

A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tyre; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We played kick the can and hiding seek. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."

The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last, she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!" 

Why is it that we have replaced all the simple pleasures of life, things that all seemed to come naturally with instant ready to hand solutions?

Sadly because we have lost the knowledge of how to do these things without artificial stimulation.

Why not seek intimacy through sensitivity? Energy through good health? If we overcome our obstacles, we will no longer feel inhibited and tension will be a thing of the past.

A grandmother was sharing an experience with her friend.

“I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colours yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what colour it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. “

At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these colours yourself!" 

Yes in this brave new world there is a lot of things we need to figure out.

Have a marvellous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment