Tuesday 24 July 2018

Judging Day.


So today is judgement day. of course I do not mean that final day when we shall all stand in judgement that is held important for so many religions. I am simply talking about the day the judges come to our village to judge the work of the Freuchie in Flower.

The village is looking beautiful and almost pristine clean except for one or two little corners that it is beyond us to do anything about. 

I feel pleased to have made a contribution to this final push and clean up. My hands and limbs may be painful and looking forward to a break from the daily grind but it is a good feeling to walk through the village and seeing it looking so well.

So today's painting is nothing exotic it is one of the many common little house sparrows that we seem not to pay much attention to.

Judgement is a bit like that. if we stand in judgement of another we are looking at all of the details that may not have been taken into account by others. When I sat on the bench in court as a magistrate and sat in judgement I tried to hear the full story from all sides and then in an unbiased way decide who was guilty or not and hand out appropriate punishment or seek some form of payback.

Sadly we now live in a liturgical way of thinking, people jump to judgement often far too easily. We are all seeking justice and sadly that often means the very opposite of justice.

There is never an account that does not have two sides and before we jump to fast conclusions it is always wise to hear carefully the full account.

It is never an easy thing to sit in judgement of our fellow beings but sadly it is something that often has to be done.

So today I am glad that we have reached this stage but I am glad that my participation today is merely to go ahead of the judges to make sure that everything is as it was intended to be, a nice little background task.

I wish the judges well and am glad it is them and not I who is sitting in judgement. They will not read this but I wish them all well.

maybe my blistered and sore hands will rejoice in today also and begin the healing process. because all judgement should, in the end, lead to a healing process.

Have a marvellous day and have a little thought for us all in Freuchie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment