Sunday 29 July 2018

A cat or a dog?


A cheeky little dog I think?  The picture of him was him lying in snow hence my reason for leaving the white background, I liked the snow but found it a bit of a distraction. I need to crop this painting a bit more now that I see it online.

Painting dogs have brought back my longing for a dog of my own but I know it is never going to happen. I had two dogs before I got married and two dogs since but I am sure there will be no more. My lifestyle has changed and I am aware that there are so many things I do where a dog just would not be able to join me and I am far too old to change my ways and become adaptable.

So in kindness to the dog, I will let somebody else have the pleasure.

I have a friend who has two dogs and I have made an approach to be able to walk them on some days when I go walking and he has other things to do. I look forward to that coming about. 

As I thought of this I became aware of the fact that many of my friends have dogs but equally as many have cats. It seems that we are either cat lovers or dog lovers. Seldom do you find people who have both though I am aware that it does happen?

Fortunately the owning of one or the other does not seem to change the quality of friendship of either group. In fact, it may have the exact opposite effect, if they can get along with a cat or a dog I might be just a little bit easier. On reflection, though I am not sure.

How do we decide which category we fall into a cat or dog lover?

I have given this some thought and here is my completely biased opinion.

If you want someone who will do anything to please you, get a dog.

Bring you the newspaper without tearing the main headlines, get a dog.

Make a total fool of himself just because he is pleased to see you, Get a dog.

Eat whatever you put in front of him, get a dog.

Always be eager and willing to go out walking no matter what the weather is like, get a dog.

If you want somebody to frighten burglars or unwanted visitors, get a dog.

Somebody who never touches the remote control because it makes no difference what he watches as long as he does it with you, get a dog.

Be content to snuggle up and keep you warm and who you can kick out of the way if he starts to snore, get a dog.

Somebody who never criticises what you do, does not care how good or bad you look, acts as though every word you say is a little gem worthy of hearing, never complains, and loves you unconditionally, get a dog.

On the other hand.

if you want somebody who never comes when you cal. Totally ignores you when you walk into the room. leave hair all over the furniture. Walks all over you and prowls around all night and comes home only to eat and sleep and often brings a little present of a mouse with him.

Somebody who acts as though you are there only to make sure HE is happy.  Get a cat. 

I did say I was totally biased so I am open to hearing some other sides of the tale because like everything in life there always is another side to everything. Bring it on. 

I hope you have a marvellous day. Heading off to day to have a little friendly game of golf with my son. None of us will be trying to win we will just be enjoying the game. if you believe that I wish you a very happy day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment