Saturday 28 July 2018

It comes along your way.





I am beginning to ask myself how many things have to start going wrong before I admit that I really am getting old. I pack my days with so many things and am frequently asked how I manage it and where do I get all the energy.

The secret is if I have plenty to do and just switch on the motor and get on with my day I do not have to spend much time thinking about getting old.

But the signs are there and they are getting a bit more obvious.  Somebody told me that as you get older you also begin to regress to your childhood. Now I really hope this is not true but it just might be. 

I find little things happening to me that gives me some cause for concern.  I suppose in the course of a week I do more writing than many people my age. I write this blog on a daily basis and I also make time each day to do some serious study, not sure why I do that but it keeps me functioning in the thinking cells.

One of the amusing things that are happening and causes me to be ultra careful when writing and do not trust or depend on spell checkers. I find myself using the wrong spelling for the correct word. let me explain. I might be intending to write, I will wait for that to happen. I read it again and I have written, I will weight for that to happen.

But I am not alone. I am sure such things come with age. 

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play dominoes.

One day they were playing when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me ... I know we've been friends for a long time ... but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. 

Please tell me what your name is." 

Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her.

Finally, she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

But it is not at all negative.

An elderly woman and her little grandson, whose face was sprinkled with bright freckles, spent the day at the park where a fete was taking place. Lots of children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by a local artist who was decorating them with tiger colours and marks.

"You've got so many freckles, there's no place to paint!" a girl in the line said to the little boy.

Embarrassed, the little boy dropped his head. His grandmother knelt down next to him. "I love your freckles. When I was a little girl I always wanted freckles, she said, while tracing her finger across the child's cheek. "Freckles are beautiful!"

The boy looked up, "Really?"

"Of course," said the grandmother. "Why, just name me one thing that is prettier than freckles."

The little boy thought for a moment, peered intensely into his grandma's face, and softly whispered, "Wrinkles."

Bring on the wrinkles you never know somebody just might see some beauty in this old face of mine yet. 

Havs a marvellous day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment