Saturday 30 April 2016

Just a little thought.


John Knox House Edinburgh.

Having given thought to some of the stories from religious books I realised that so many of those stories we ignore because they are too simple to believe or give value to.

I have heard over the years so many clever arguments about the impossibility of some of the stories. Yesterday I was giving a humorous look at the creations story. As I thought of it I remembered some of the amusing interpretations given by children.

So I thought I would share another this morning.

At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings.
Little Johnny, a child in the kindergarten class, seemed especially intent when they told him how
Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs.
Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said,
"Johnny what is the matter?"
Little Johnny responded, "I have a pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife."
And another:

A little boy opened the big family Bible. He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages.
Suddenly something fell out of the Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it closely.
What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages.
"Momma, look what I found," the boy called out.
"What have you got there, dear?" his mother asked.
With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered: "I think it's Adam's suit!"

Have a good day. I am off to walk in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment