Sunday 1 May 2016

Noah was a clever man.




Autumnal Masquerade

Every day is a school day! How often I have heard that statement made in jest, and yet how true it is. I remember when I was very young and in awe of just how much my father new. He was amazing. he just seemed to know the answers to everything, so I would continually ask him questions.

Then along came the arrogance of being a teenager and knowing that really he knew nothing. I on the other hand was a wealth of learning and knowledge.

Then there came the time when I realised that he had probably seen more and forgotten more than I had even learned. Things that had once been ruled out as of no worth or value seemed to hold some lesson worthy of learning.

I have a great many friends who smile cynically when I quote a piece of religious or eastern philosophical saying. Yet stories I might not hold as historical fact still have little lessons worthy of learning.

For example. The story of Noah and his ark. How simple it is to point out that it must have been an enormous boat to take all those animals, impossible, simple as that. 

But the story still has many lessons worthy of our thought.

Don't miss the boat.

Remember that we are all in the same boat.

Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.

Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.

Build your future on high ground.

For safety's sake, travel in pairs.

Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.

When you're stressed, float a while.

Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

No matter the storm,  there's always a rainbow waiting.

Oh dear so serious today. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment