Wednesday 18 May 2016

Listen to what You are told.

 
Iona.

I always smile when I remember the old saying of my father, "You have two ears and one mouth you should use them in those preparations."

How often it is the case that we are so busy talking or even thinking about what we are going to say next that we fail to hear just what is being said to us. Before you know it you are in trouble because you did not listen. You have now forgotten completely and make some stupid remark. Even worse you say something that is just so not right after what has just been said. 

Sometimes it can work out ok and maybe even sometimes something good might come out of it. 

Let me give you an example.

A terrible overweight woman goes to her doctor about her weight and the effect it is having on her life. 

The doctor thinks and says to her, "I want you to eat vegetables and grains for 2 days, then skip for two days, and repeat the process for 2 weeks. The next time I see you, you should have lost at least five pounds."

When she returns to see the doctor, she shocked him by losing nearly twenty pounds.

"Why that is amazing!" the doctor said, "did you follow my instructions?"

The woman nodded. "I'll tell you though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day."

"From hunger you mean," asked the doctor.

"No, from all that skipping."

It pays to listen especially when being given instructions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment