Thursday 5 May 2016

Getting Old Indeed.



Getting old has its up and downs, of that there is no argument. The thing is getting down is alright it is often the getting up that causes the problems so I am told by many friends. I am fortunate in that I odd not feel old, well not until I have overdone it as I am prone to doing. 

It does make you think though about all the things you used to do but no longer can. Overtime I see a runner on the path I am walking my brain tells me to pick up speed and start running. I can see myself doing it. I can feel the pleasure in my brain at doing it. I can sense the joy of overtaking and feeling good. Trouble is everything is feeling so good it is just that the legs will not let me do it. So walking it is and dreaming. 

But rejoice all of you who are saying what is he on about old age. Ian not old, I can hear you say it. But do you remember yesterdays blog. Well, that was yesterday so you are now a day older. 

Enough of this feeling sorry. Let me tell you about the old man who at the age of 72 still enjoyed going out in his boat and having a day fishing. 

One day he was sitting in his boat enjoying the warmth of the sun and the gentle movement of his boat. Then he heard a voice, it said, "Pick me up."

He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say again, "Pick me up."
He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog.
The man said, "Are you talking to me?"
The frog said, "Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up, then kiss me, and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous because I will be your bride!"
The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked it up carefully, and placed it in his front pocket.
The frog said, "What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said kiss me and I will be your beautiful bride."
He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said, "Nah, at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."

With age comes wisdom.

Sitting on the highway waiting to catch speeders, a state police officer saw a car puttering along at 22 M.P.H.
He thinks to himself, that car is just as dangerous as a speeder. So, he turns his lights on and pulls the car over.
Approaching the car, he notices there are 5 old ladies, two at the front and 3 at the back, wide eyed and looking like ghosts.
The driver obviously confused said, "Officer, I don't understand, I wasn't doing over the speed limit!, What seems to be the problem?"
"Ma'am," the officer said, "you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be dangerous".
"Slower than the speed limit? NO SIR! I was doing exactly 22 miles an hour", the old woman said proudly.
The officer containing a chuckle explains that 22 was the route number, not the speed limit.
A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned, thanking the officer for pointing out her error.
"Before I go Ma'am, I have to ask, is everyone OK? These women seem badly shaken and haven't uttered a word all this time"
"Oh! they will be alright in a minute, Officer, we just got off Route 142."

Have a wonderful day. Remember we all one day will be old, prepare now by seeking wisdom. it just might come in useful one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment