Saturday 21 May 2016

Beware of what you wish for.


A Thing of Beauty.


 Having an extremely busy day before me I thought I would keep this short and to the point. The moral of my blog today is simple, beware of what you wish for. 

An old man had been married to his wife for 50 years and they had just finished celebrating their golden wedding anniversary. They had a lovely time with family and friends string memories and remembering happy times together. 

It was getting late and his wife , one year younger than him at 69 had decided the day had been tiring and she was off to bed. He was just sitting quietly bringing the day to a close. Just at that a genie appeared before him. The genie told him that he was there to grant him one wish and one wish only. 

The old man thought and remembered when he got married and his first night together with his beautiful young wife. He foolishly thought he would like to experience something like that again. So he said to the genie that he would like to waken up tomorrow beside a  female twenty years his junior. 

The wish being granted he went to bed. The next day he woke up to discover he was  now 89. 

A very Scottish story tells of the man fishing in Loch Ness. 

An atheist was spending a quiet day fishing when suddenly; the Loch Ness Monster attacked his boat. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him and his boat at least a hundred feet into the air. It then opened its mouth waiting below to swallow them both. As the man sailed head over heels and started to fall towards the open jaws of the ferocious beast he cried out,"Oh, my God! Help me!"

Suddenly, the scene froze in place and as the atheist hung in midair a booming voice came out of the clouds and said, "I thought you didn't believe in me!"

"God, come on, give me a break!" the man pleaded,"Just seconds ago I didn't believe in the Loch Ness Monster either!"

"Well," said God, "now that you are a believer, you must understand that I won't work miracles to snatch you from certain death in the jaws of the monster, but I can change hearts. What would you have me do?"

The atheist thinks for a minute then says, "God, please have the Loch Ness Monster believe in you also."

God replies, "So be it."

The scene starts in motion again with the atheist falling towards the ravenous jaws of the monster. The Loch Ness Monster folds his claws together and says, "Lord, bless this food you have so graciously provided..."
Sometimes what we have is much better than what we wish for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment