Tuesday 17 May 2016

Painting and staying clean.


Ollie


I managed to finish this painting of Ollie yesterday and after much patience got it into a frame without any spots of pastel showing on the mount (matt). The owner of the dog is now happy and the painting I am sure is hanging in pride of place. 

It is always a great pleasure to do a painting and see the look on the face of a person when they see it. That is if they like it. I have a number of friends who are my greatest critics. Full of clever remarks they make statements like, "When I was at school I painted something like that, and I got six of the belt for it.) Or the old wit ," Will you paint me in the nude? I will let you keep your socks on. " So it goes on. Certainly manage to keep my feet on the ground and often the comments do lend to further thought about a painting. 

I enjoy painting pastel because the only thing that gets dirty is my hands and they are easily cleaned. When painting with acrylic I find myself cleaning brushes on my shirt and trousers. This leads to trouble from my wife. She regularly comments to friends that i do not own any clothes that have not got paint on them.

While thinking about that and what my friends might have thought of the painting when I finished it yesterday I remembered  a nice little story.

Two nuns were ordered to paint a room in the convent, and the last instruction of the mother superior is that they must not get a drop of paint on their habits.

After looking at the room and the tins of paint for a while, the two nuns decide to lock the door of the room, strip off their habits, and paint in the nude.

Well, into the project, there comes a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" calls out sister Anne.

"Blind man," replies a male voice from the other side of the door.

Anne and Margaret look at each other, shrug, and deciding that no harm can come from letting a blind man into the room, they open the door.

The man walks into the room. "Mmmm wonderful figure sister," says the man, "where do you want these blinds put?"

So the next time you are doing something in secret remember to listen carefully. Sometimes even blind men can see. 

Have a wonderful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment