Monday 9 May 2016

Seeking Companionship.



Yet another scam email appeared, they are becoming more and more frequent. It is a constant struggle to keep your eyes open for what is a genuine email and what is  one that merely wants to trick you into giving personal details. 

I heard on the news the other day of one group of people who were using a very sophisticated email  which looked as if it was coming from a bank. They were actually sending people to the doors of pensioners to uplift money. Fortunately this lot are now where they deserve to be, behind bars. One of them had recently been a participant in a well known television talent show. His real talent seems to have been dishonesty.

Sadly we are often looking for something was to come our way, and it seldom does. A £500 token from one of the large stores would be wonderful, and just for filling out a survey. The survey is seemingly genuine and fairly easy answers to complete, so I am told. The crunch comes when you are asked to fill out your bank details or other personal information so that they can award the prize. 

I watched a neighbour fall for just such a marvellous win he had been sent. No matter how many of us told hime it was a fraud he still would not listen and in the end he lost a lot of money through that one. 

A recent advert received 643 calls in two days so attractive was what was on offer. 

SBF Seeks Male companionship. 

Age and ethnicity unimportant. I'm a young, svelte good looking girl who LOVES to play. 
I love long walks in the woods; riding in your car; hunting, camping, fishing trips. 
I love cosy winter nights spent lying by the fire. 
Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. 
Rub me the right way and watch me respond. I
I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. 
Kiss me and I'm yours.
Call, phone number given, and ask for Daisy.
The phone number was in fact for a dog rescue centre and Daisy was a homeless black labrador dog.

It is a fact that if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. In the case of Daisy it was probably a case of what it said on the tin, but sadly not always the case. Have a good day and keep your eye on the inbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment