Thursday 28 April 2016

You did not tell him.


Along the Hedgerow.


The other day there I was making a visit to the supermarket, not a big shop so I thought this would not take long. I so hate wandering around stores. All was going well but as usual just as we were about to head for the checkout my wife decided there were two things she had forgotten. Strangely it happens all the time.

So I stand waiting patiently. What I do know is that I am putting nothing on that belt until she returns. Too often I have been caught out. All the messages are through the till and sh has still not returned with the two items. So I stand aside and wait. Three people managed to get through the till and I was still waiting. Just as she was about to return a couple with a huge basket of goods stepped in front of me. I said to my wife, I thought quietly, we just missed that did you get lost? Her reply was, "Why did you not just put stuff on the belt?" Like a shot the lady who had just gone before me said, "Simple you never told him too." 

I could have answered but felt the better tact was to say nothing and just wait. 

It reminded me of the man who put his set of encyclopaedias up for sale. The advertisement read,

FOR SALE BY OWNER.
Complete set of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 45 volumes.
Excellent condition, £50 or best offer. No longer needed, got married, wife knows everything.

Or the advertisement for a wedding dress a lady was trying to sell. Her advertisement read.

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE .
Worn once by mistake.
Call Stephanie.

 it is a matter really of from where you happen to be looking. The differing sexes always seem to see things from a different point of view. But a little humour always helps. There is not situation that does not have its funny side.

While I was remembering those two advertisements I also remembered two others nothing do do with the difference of the sexes. But you have to laugh at the owners of these two dogs.

They both had unwanted pups they were looking for good homes for. Both put notices in the local store window, in turn they read.

FREE PUPPIES
1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbour's dog.

FREE PUPPIES.
Mother is a Kennel Club registered German Shepherd.
Father is a Super Dog, able to leap tall fences in a single bound.

Now I have a feeling in spite of my telling you those four ads you are still smiling at me being put in place and the store checkout. But that is alright by me as long as your day starts with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment