Friday 8 April 2016

Somethings Are Just So Obvious.


Yesterday I met with my friends, as we do on a weekly basis when possible. Yesterday on my way to the meeting place I popped into the store where I purchase seed and food for feeding the birds.  In the store I just shoved them all into my shoulder bag in no particular way, just into the bag and out of the store. 

In Scotland we do not get given a bag to put items in unless way purchase a bag from the shop or bring our own with us.  In England it depends on the size of the store. In one shop you get offered and free bag while the store next door asks you to pay for it. Some things seem so obvious, have a rule and stick with it, all shops or no shops give bags for free.

On arriving at the meeting with my friends I removed all the packets of bird food so that I could flatten them and put them back into my bag in an ordered way. "What is that said one of my friends?" "Bird food," I replied. Now the silly question. "What are you going to do with that?"

I will not tell you what I said because somethings are just so obvious.

Let me share with you some answers from young people in schools. They too seem just so obvious you have to wonder why they were marked with a red cross. 

Q1. In which battle did Napoleon die?
* his last battle
Q2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
* at the bottom of the page
Q3. River Ravi flows in which state?
* liquid
Q4. What is the main reason for divorce?
* marriage
Q5. What is the main reason for failure?
* exams
Q6. What can you never eat for breakfast?
* Lunch and dinner
Q7. What looks like half an apple?
* The other half
Q8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what will it become?
* Wet
Q9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping?
* No problem, he sleeps at night.
Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
* You will never find an elephant that has one hand.
Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?
* Very large hands
Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
* No time at all, the wall is already built.
Q13. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
* Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Somethings do indeed seem just so obvious.   What will I do when I leave this computer this morning? Obvious get out of this computer chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment