Saturday 9 April 2016

Be Ready for the Unexpected.


I am never ever surprised by what young people say and do. The logic of they're thinking defeats my line of thought overtime. 

How often I sat down before going to a school as a chaplain or when preparing my children address for the Sunday morning service in church. I sat and asked myself the question I was going to ask the young ones ( I always struggle with that because I refuse to call children KIDS. Not until we get another name of young goats.) Having asked the question I made a list of what were all the possible answers I might get and how I might react to them.

Would you believe I hardly if ever got the answer I was expecting even after this exercise. So I never met with young people without being prepared as possible for the unexpected.

Here are just a few !

Teacher     Why are you late?
Pupil         The class started before I got here.

Teacher     John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
John         You told me to do it without using tables.

Teacher      Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
Glenn          K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'
Teacher       No, that's wrong
Glenn          Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

Teacher       Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
Donald        H I J K L M N O.
Teacher       What are you talking about?
Donald        Yesterday you said it's H to O.

Teacher,      Mary name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
Mary            Me!

Teacher      Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
Glen           Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

Teacher,     Jean give me a sentence starting with " I. "
Jean           I is..
Teacher      No, Jean..... Always say, "I am."
Jean           All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."

Teacher     Now, Simon , tell me honestly, do you say prayers before eating?
Simon        No sir, I don't have to, my Mum is a good cook.
  
Teacher    James, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
James       A teacher

So be warned and ready for the unexpected and do not become the person talking long after nobody else is interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment