Sunday 18 December 2016

The Last Word.




Yesterday I had a good day with good friends.  We attended the local farmers market where I was able to buy some freshly smoked,  "Smokies".  For those unaware of this delicious delicacy they are haddock still in their skins hung over smoking oak wood to give them a wonderful flavour. All the time you stand and wait for service you can watch the fish being smoked and enjoy the wonderful aroma. 

My pleasure was only lengthened by the number of people who on seeing the length of the Line of waiting customers slipped in to join others they knew further up the line. Just as well it was Christmas I might have put on my grumpy face and complained to them. 

I also purchased some Blue Stilton cheese to take with me when I spend Christmas  with my family.

I had had a lovely walk with the friends who were with me at the market. All in all, a lovely day.

Unlike Will who was returning home from a business trip.

It had been an exhausting trip and he was not in a good mood.  The airport's Christmas musak was getting him down, and their decorations were tacky. In fact everything was wrong.

As he queued at the check-in desk he was  day-dreaming about the plastic mistletoe hung over the luggage scale.  

Being in a bad mood, he said to the woman at the counter, "You know, even if I weren't married, I wouldn't kiss you."  

That's not what it's there for," said the attendant. "It's so you can kiss your luggage goodbye.

Another example of the fairer sex having the last word.

At another line of customers was Jennifer.

Jennifer was a pretty 18 year old girl.  In the week before Christmas she sauntered up to the counter, and was trying to decide which of the many types of tinsel she would buy.  

Finally, she made her choice and asked the spotty youth who was manning the that section.  "How much is this gold tinsel garland".

The spotty youth pointed to the Christmas mistletoe above the counter and said, "This week we have a special offer, just one kiss per metre".

" Wow, that's great", said Jennifer, "I'll take 12 metres".

With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the boy measured out the tinsel, wrapped up the garland, and gave it to Jennifer. 

She then called to an old man who had been browsing through the Christmas trees and said, "My Grandpa will settle the bill."

One week to go and so much to do. Have a wonderful even if it may be a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment