Tuesday 20 December 2016

Proposal on a Caravan Site.



I was out walking yesterday, a walk I had only done once before with a friend. My wife was with me and although she assures me there is absolutely nothing wrong with her memory, I claim I could never make, she still put doubt into my minds about the path we should be following.

Fortunately for me one of the tricks my does not play on me is the ability to remember a walking route after just one walk. I suppose years and years or running has trained me to pay great attention on a new route for those little way markers, like a specific tree with an unforgettable twist.

But memory does play tricks on us all. But then if you cannot remember a route then every walk can be a new one. It is I suppose not so much the memory but the attitude.

There is a lovely tale of the old couple who met in the restaurant on a caravan park. They had been going to the same place year after year and had got to know each other a bit.

One evening a supper was held in the restaurant  and the two found themselves at the same table, seated across from one another. As the meal progressed, George made several admiring glances at Sheila and he finally gathered his courage to ask her, "Sheila, will you marry me?'

After about five seconds of "careful consideration", Sheila answered. 

"Yes. Yes, I will."

The meal ended and, with a few more pleasant exchanges, then they went to their respective caravans. 

Next morning, George was troubled: "Did she say "yes" or did she say "no"?" He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. Not even a faint memory. 

So it was with some trepidation that he went to the telephone and called Sheila. Firstly, he explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, George inquired gingerly, "Sheila, when I asked if you would marry me, did you say "Yes" or did you say "No"?"

George was delighted to hear her Sheila say, 'Why, I said, "Yes, yes I will" and I meant it with all my heart.' Then she continued, "I am so glad that you called, because I could not for the life of me remember who it was that asked me. 

I am sure every day for those two will be a day to remember, or forget and live again another day. 

Now what is it that is happening soon that i have to get ready for?

I hope you have a marvellous  day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment