Friday 16 December 2016

Christmas Humour.


As those who read this know I spent most of my day yesterday with my friends. We had some serious moments when we, as usual, discussed some of the big events of the moment. 

One of my friends is in the process of doing an open university degree studying philosophy so there is never a day that he and I do not get to that topic of discussion at some point.

Yesterday I was waiting for it to come round to that and of course my love of Eastern Philosophy. My friend asked if there was anything in the eastern books on the subject of Christmas. 

So keeping the straightest face I could I told him this little tale.

One beautiful December evening Haun Choo and his beautiful fiancĂ© Jung lee were sitting by the side of a beautiful lake. The moon was full and the scene very romantic. 

Haun Choo turned to his fiancĂ© and said to her, "Lets play  Weeweechu."

"Oh no not just now, let us just enjoy this beautiful romantic scene," said Jung Lee.

They sat for another moment, and again Haun Choo said, "Let us play Weeweechu. I love you and the time is just perfect."

"But I would rather just hold your hand and enjoy this beautiful moon."

"Please Jung Lee, just once, play and we will sing together."

Jung Lee looked him in the eyes and said, "Ok, I will play , Weeweechu."

Jung Lee picked up her guitar and they both sang,

"Weeweechu a merry Christmas, Weeweech a merry Christmas, weeweechu a merry Christmas, and a happy New Year.

As the great philosopher says there is a time to be serious and a time to be cheerful. Now is the time to be cheerful.

I wish you a happy and meaningful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment