Monday 20 August 2018

Never forget.


Now here is an animal that can be classed as nothing but a very large task and not an easy one to capture. I had difficulty getting the skin colour correct grey just never seemed correct no matter how I tried. I saw a picture of a herd of elephants obviously returning from a mud pool and the colour of those was much easier to get close to correct.

Elephants are wonderful animals and it is said they never forget, more than can be said for me and many others I know. They are also very family orientated and it is seldom a dead one is ever found other than those that have been shot for their tusks and just left as of no further use.  I can never bring myself to forgive or understand such acts of greed and thoughtlessness. 

There are many stories of the memory of such animals, but they are not alone recent research showed that sheep need to see a face only once to remember it.

I am aware that my memory is not as it used to be but fortunately at present, it is only remembering where I put things that seems to be a problem. That is why I purchased four sets of reading glasses so that I can have them scattered all over the house and always find a set. But even now as I sit and write I have an old pair I can hardly read with. Life can be so cruel.

We can do nothing but laugh at this memory thing and age. 

Physician to the patient: "If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times, I do not treat amnesia cases!" Yes, the old ones are the best, well then it is only the old ones I can remember. 

I remember a little phrase that my grandmother shared with me more than once.  "Blessed are those who give without remembering. And blessed are those who take without forgetting." Thankfully this is one lesson I hope I have learned and never forgotten.

A little thought in simple verse.

Forget but Remember.

Forget each kindness you have done the moment you have done it.
Forget the praise that comes to you and does not feel you have won it.
Forget the gossip that you hear before you feel the need to repeat it.
Forget each snipe and every slight, each spite each sneer whenever you might meet it.
Forget each worry and distress be hopeful and forgiving. 
Forget the things that taint and spoil your living.
Remeber those who give you aid and be a grateful debtor.
Remeber every promise made and keep it to the letter.
Remember all the happiness you found or was handed to you.
Remeber truth remember good and always hold in high regard the few.
The ones who went the extra mile and gave much more than we were due.
Then you will find through youth and age that there are others who care for you. 

Have a great day.







No comments:

Post a Comment