Saturday 25 March 2017

Those Senior Years.


My Home Town.

I remember when I was eleven years old, how I longed to be a teenager. Then when those days eventually arrived, how I longed to be over eighteen. There seemed to be so many things that could be done at that age that were not permitted prior to that. 

I can always remember my dear old gran saying to me, "Oh lad stop wishing your life away. Those things in their own good time will come your way. " Just as she had said they did indeed come.

Sadly they too passed away, often more speedily than I would have liked. They were indeed good years. 

So maybe that is why I found myself lamenting getting older. Yesterday I discovered that rather then lament I should be rejoicing. 

I have become, wait for it, a "Seenager."  This I am told on great authority, is just like being a teenager again but so much better. 

I have all of the attributes that I so desired as a teenager, only 60 years later. Rejoice, I say again rejoice.

I do not have to go to school, which means nobody drags me out of bed in the morning to get ready. 

I get a monthly allowance, they just call it a pension.

I have my own pad. I am not talking about my iPad, I mean that in the sense of my pad. Or as they say in the west my own bit.

I have no curfews, I can stay out as long as I like.

I have a driver's license and own my own car.

I have an ID that gets me into bars and wine stores. Ok so it also gets me on the bus.

The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant, they are not scared of anything. Like me they consider it something special that they have lived so long, so why would they ever be scared of anything.

I no longer have to look in the mirror and fret over acne and spots, who cares?

Another thing that makes life so good, is that by the time you reach the end of this page you will be feeling so much better and much more intelligent, that is if like me, you are a Seenager.

The brains of older people  are slow, but that is simply because they know so much.

People who grow older do not in fact decline mentally, it just takes them longer to compute the facts because they have more information in the brain that requires sorting.

Science has proven that this makes it more difficult to hear properly because of all the pressure on the inner ear from all this information overload.

It is a well known fact,  Seenagers often find themselves in another room to collect something, and when they get there, they stand wondering why they are there. This is NOT, let me repeat, this is NOT a memory problem, it is natures way of making older people do more exercise.

So you see! No need to bemoan it is time to rejoice.

I have so many more friends I should send this to, But right now I cannot remember their names. So maybe you could forward this to your friends, some of them might indeed be some of my friends also.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend act like a Seenager. Be not afraid.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment