Monday 6 March 2017

I am so busy.




It is so very easy to get so caught up in all the busy things of life that without thinking we can forget to notice the things that are important to us. Even more so the people who are important to us. We can be so busy that we offend , even when we never intended to.

I am aware of this because I have frequently in the course of my years fallen foul of such behaviour. Like so many people it is easy to have tunnel vision and think that what you have to do is the most important thing of all.

I often find that when I am working on a canvas it is so very very easy to fail to notice what is going on around me. 

There was once a father who was very busy working when his son came and asked him if he could please ask him a question.

"Dad can I please interrupt to ask you a question?"

The father a bit irritated at the interruption replied, "Ye of course you can."

The son then asked the father, "Dad hour much do you charge your clients per hour?"

At this the father got upset, "That is none of your business. Why are you asking me such a question?"

The son said, "I just want to know what you make in one hour? 

So the father told him, "I make £50 per hour." he said. 

The young lad looked down and quietly asked, "Dad can I borrow £20."

At this the father got really upset and angry. "If the only reason you ask me what I earn so that you can borrow some money to go and buy some silly toy or other such nonsense, then get yourself off to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish and childish."

The young boy did as he was told and went to his room and shut the door. 

The father sat down and started to muse over the conversation getting angrier by the minute. 

About an hour later he calmed down and started to think. Maybe there was something the boy need to buy maybe he had a good reason to ask for £20, he did not ask for money very often after all. 

He went to the boys room and opened the door, "Are you sleeping son?"

"No I am awake dad," replied the boy.

"I have been thinking maybe I was a bit harsh earlier on," said the man, "It has been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here is the £20 you asked for."

The young lad sat up straight, smiling, "Oh thank you dad!"  he then reached under his pillow and pulled out some crumpled notes. The man seeing this immediately got angry again. The boy started to count his money, and looked up at his father. 

"Why did you want this money when you already had some?" the father grumped.

"Because I did not have enough, but now I do. Can you please come home early tomorrow I would like to have dinner with you and I can pay you for the hour."

The father was dumbstruck.

it is easy to be so busy and so caught up without spending time with those who are important in our lives. If we die tomorrow many of the things we think are crucial will go on as if nothing had changed, But the family and friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their days. 

It is easy to pour our being into the wrong pots of life. 

Have a wonderful day surrounded by those who make your day.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment