Saturday 18 March 2017

The end is nigh.

Another of my friends from Facebook.

Today I am away from home spending time with my family so my apologies that today this is a short and rather light little blog.

The kind of little story i am about to tell is one of those tales that can be changed so easily depending on whom it is that is telling it. I certainly do not want to get involved in the present politics even though it does make me smile how easily we all fall into our own respective views and put on our own particular shade of spectacles. 

I have many friends from all the various parts of the united kingdom and appreciate their friendship so please just change this tale and enjoy.

An Englishman, Irishman, Welshman, Scotsman were captured while fighting in a far-off foreign land, and the leader of the captors said, 'We're going to line you up in front of a firing squad and shoot you all in turn. But first, you each can make a final wish.'

The Englishman responds, 'I'd like to hear "God Save The Queen" just one more time to remind me of the green and pleasant country, played by the London All Boys Choir, and a little rendering of Chariots. With Morris Dancers Dancing to the tune.'

The Irishman replies, 'I'd like to hear "Danny Boy" just one more time to remind me of the auld country, sung in the style of Daniel O'Donnell, with Riverdance dancers skipping gaily to the tune.'

The Welshman answers, 'I'd like to hear "Men Of Harlech" just one more time to remind me of the country, sung as if by the Treorchy Male Voice Choir.' 

The Scotsman says quickly, 'I'd like to be shot first.'

Have a marvellous day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment