Thursday 26 January 2017

The Wonderful Entrance.

 

I had a very interesting discussion with a person the other day and no matter what I said he saw it in a very different way. Now that is not a strange event in my life because I so often see things in a very different way from most of my friends. I do though, usually have one or two things we can agree about on have an understanding about but in this particular case not a single thing. 

This reminded me of the person who had a similar debate at the pearly gates about his entry into heaven.


The gates were closed when Jimmy approached the gatekeeper. St. Peter says "Well, Jimmy, it's certainly good to see you. We've heard so many good things about you. I must inform you, though, the place is filling up fast, and we've been giving an entrance exam to everyone. The quiz is short, but you need to pass it before you can get into Heaven.
Jimmy responds, "It sure is good to be here, St. Peter. I was looking forward to this. But, nobody ever told me about any entrance exam. I sure hope the test isn't  too hard; Life was a big enough test as it was." And Jimmy had never passed a test in all of it.
St. Peter goes on... "I know, Jimmy , but the test is only three questions and you can have the night to think about it. So, here it is:
1. What days of the week begin with the letter T?
2. How many seconds are there in a year? ... and...
3. What is God's first name?"
Jimmy goes away to think the questions over. He returns the next day and goes up to St. Peter to try to answer all three questions. St. Peter waves him up and says, "Now that you've had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers."
Jimmy says, "Well, the first one, how many days of the week begin with the letter T?  that one's easy. That'd be Today and Tomorrow."
The Saint's eyes open wide and he exclaims "Jimmy! That's not what I was thinking... but, you do have a point though, and I guess I didn't specify, so I'll give you credit for that answer. How about the next one? How many seconds are in a year?"
"Now, that one's harder" says Jimmy, "but I thought and thought about that, and I guess the only answer can be twelve."
Astounded, St. Peter says "Twelve! Twelve!? Jimmy, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?"
Jimmy says, "Aw, come on, St. Peter, there's gotta be twelve. January second, and February second, and March second..."
"Hold it" interrupts St. Peter. "I see where you're going, and I guess I see your point, but that wasn't what I had in mind. But, I'll give you credit for that one, too. Now, let's go on with the final question. Can you tell me God's first name?"
Jimmy quickly replied, "Andy."
Again, St. Peter asked, "How in the world did you come up with Andy?" 
Jimmy  smiled and said, "You know, St. Peter, from that song we all sing in church...
"Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me."
Just because a person does not see or understand things the same way you do, does not mean they are wrong. They are entitled to their own point of view, and it should be considered as important as any other. 

That's my point of view. Do you agree?

Would be nice to start my day agreeing with somebody. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment