Tuesday 24 January 2017

How was your day?


There are days when things go just fine and days when you know you should have stayed in bed. I am sure everybody reading this is very familiar with just exactly what I am saying.

So it is with art. There are days when the paint just refuses to do what you want it to do and then there are those magical days when it just flows and goes exactly where it is meant to. I had one of those art days yesterday. I decided to paint a pastel and everything went just exactly as I wanted it to go. It being a commission work I cannot at present share it with you but I was happy with the finished piece. 

As Winnie the Pooh would say, "Some things just happen even when you do not try to make them happen, they just are." 

The Chinese philosophers call it Wei Wei. 

Not at all like the man in my tale for today.

I will let him tell the story himself.

There I was sitting at the bar staring at my drink when a large trouble-making biker steps up next to me and grabs my pint and gulps it down.

As I look at him he asks in menace what I am going to do about his actions. I burst into tears.

"For goodness sake ," says the biker, "I did not expect you to sit there crying."

I tell him, "This has been the worst day of my life. I am a complete failure, nothing goes right for me. I was late for a meeting with my boss and he fired me. When I went to get my car from the car park it had been stolen. I will not get very much from the insurance so I will not be able to replace it. "

"I took a taxi home and left my wallet in it. I walked in the house and got my wife in bed with the man who comes to cut our grass. When I shouted at them my dog bit me."

" So I came to this bar to work up the courage to put an end to it all. I buy a drink, I drop two capsules in and sit here watching the poison dissolve. Then you, you jack-ass,. You show up and drink the whole thing!"

"But enough about me, how is your day going?"

A bit like the answer given by a student to the question,  "What causes the tides and the oceans?"

" The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon because there is no water on the moon, nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this battle."

I hope you have a marvellous Winnie the Pooh day where you just go with the flow, Wei Wei and all goes well for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment