Monday 23 January 2017

Getting it wrong.


I have hated having this cold it draws all the energy out of your being. I long to feel well again. Please note I did not say that I long to be young again, I am not sure I could go through all the angst again. 

The wonderful thing about getting older is that it is so easy to be positive. It is easier to be positive because you care less what other people think. Now please do not read that as I could not care less, that is far from true.

I just question myself less. I have earned the right to be wrong.

Always wanting to be correct and to achieve is very draining. 

It is a shame that some of my students had had a bit more wisdom before just dashing off some of the answers that came our way in my days of teaching. here are one or two others that might bring a little smile.

What is a Turban? 
A thing that makes energy. 

Who did not welcome the return of the prodigal son?
The fatted calf.

What is a Hindu?
It is a bird that lays eggs.

Name some famous pilgrimages. 
Muslims used to go to Gamages but now it’s closed. Christians still go on pilgrimage to Lord’s.

What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
He says goodbye to his boyhood and looks forward to adultery.

What happens to your body as you age?
When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

I suppose that is what I am doing when I head off to France. 

Have a marvellous day.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment