Sunday 22 January 2017

Some Clever People Around.




I was talking the other day to one of my students from my last school. We were having a little laugh together about some of the smart answers some of the students used to bring up. One or two of them are memorable even though not printable in this format. But they still do make me smile and wonder how some of them are getting on in life.

I am so fortunate that so many of them do keep in touch and I see them developing into wonderful mother s and fathers. 

Here are one or two of the responses to questions that I can share with you, hope you find them as amusing as I did. 

Define the word “monotony.”
Monotony is being married to the same person all your life.
Use the word “judicious” in a sentence to show you understand its meaning.
Hands that judicious can be soft as your face.
What does the word “benign” mean?
Benign is what you will be after you be eight.
What is the correct use of a semi-colon?
Only to be used as a last resort, a semi-colon is a partial removal of the intestines.
Even writing them I am smiling. But here is a little tale of another smart answer or retort. 
An old man lived in a little cottage not far from a small lake or tarn or as we call it in Scotland a Lochan. 
At the edge of the lochan there were some fruit trees and bushes. he regularly collected the fruit and made it into jam.
One day while he was heading down towards the lochan he heard the sound of laughter and voices.  As he got nearer he became aware that there were four young ladies skinny dipping in the water. 
He began to whistle loudly so that they were aware of his presence. One of the ladies shouted out to him. "We are not getting out of here until you have gone. "
He replied, That is fine. I am not here to see you coming out of the water I am just down here to feed the crocodile."
Have a happy and good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment