Monday 30 January 2017

Not Again.


It happened to me yet again yesterday. I headed out of the room to make myself a cup of coffee. The parcel that had just been delivered was sitting in the hallway. I new exactly what it was but the box seemed very large for just twelve rolls of kitchen towel.

I went back into the study to collect a pair of scissors to open the package. The cardboard would of course be good if I have a painting package so I open it carefully.. I fold the cardboard and store it safely and put the kitchen rolls into the conservatory ready to take out to my workspace.

I return to the kitchen and open the fridge. I notice something I had promised myself would be in a curry later so I remove it and prepare it. 

That being done I return to the computer and yes you got it right, no coffee. Thank goodness I have a coffee machine I can operate from my phone so start it off to make the mug of coffee.

I was sitting chuckling thinking I was just like the old couple who had been advised by the doctor to make notes. They were physically fine for their age but the memory was playing up.

Later that night while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair.
His wife asks, "Where are you going?"
"To the kitchen," he replies.
"Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?"
"Sure."
"Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" she asks.
"No, I can remember it."
"Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. You'd better write it down, because you know you'll forget it."
He says, "I can remember that! You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries."
"I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, so you'd better write it down!" she retorts.
Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Leave me alone! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream -- I got it, for goodness sake!" Then he grumbles into the kitchen.
After about 20 minutes the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.

She stares at the plate for a moment and says... "Where's my toast?
The good things is that I may well be forgetting loads of things that I am very happy to forget. 
Have a carefree and memorable day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment