Sunday 29 January 2017

The Chance to do it all again.


I had a very interesting conversation yesterday with my friend. We were wondering what life would be like if we got the chance to live it all over again. Would we make the same mistakes a second time? Would we have the same friends and family?

It is indeed strange how things can turn on just a moment.

After we parted I sat down and thought again about that second chance to do it again. 

I came to this conclusion.

I would have talked less and listened more. I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded. 
I would have eaten the things I enjoyed in the "GOOD" living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to join me but had not taken their shoes off. 
I would have taken the time to listen more to my father ramble about his youth. 
 I would have burned that beautiful rainbow candle candle before it melted and lost all its colour in the sun. 
I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains. 
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life. 
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day. 
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime. I would buy it because even though impractical I liked it.
 When my kids kissed me impetuously, would never have said, "Later, now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's" ... more "I'm sorry's" ... but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute ... look at it and really see it ... live it .. and never give it back.
So I am going to do just that with what little of life I have left. Would you care to join me?
Have a wonderful day enjoy every single minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment