Thursday 2 February 2017

Twinkle Little Stars.


Along the Coastal path.

This is a painting I did a good while back and I still have it on a canvas. I took it out of the frame I had it in so that I could use the frame and I was going to paint over it. Every time I put it on my easel to do so I change my mind. I do rather like it and remember clearly the inspiration for it and the day i painted. Sentimentality! I do not know why I keep I think I might be the only person who does like it.

I remember it was a cold day like the days we are having now. Even cold days have they're beauty. The other night there I was walking home in the dark on a cold night , the sky was clear and I could see all the stars shinning brightly. 

I was amazed that I still remember the names of so many constellations from the time I did my astronomer badge in the scouts. 

Funny how we all see the stars so differently. 

I was reminded of the tale of Sherlock and Holmes. 

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and  nudged his faithful friend. Holmes said: "Watson, look up and tell me what you see". 
Watson said: "I see a fantastic panorama of countless stars."
Holmes: "And what does that tell you?"
Watson pondered for a moment: 
"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. 
Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. 
Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. 
Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant.
 Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow."
"Why? - What does it tell you, Holmes?"
Holmes was silent for a moment then spoke: "My good Watson... someone has stolen our tent."
There are times in life when we have our heads so far in the clouds that we fail to see the beauty that surrounds us. 

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment