Friday 3 February 2017

Such an Idiot.


The Journey.

I try so very hard to treat people they way I would like to be treated. Religions call this the golden rule. It can be found in all of the worlds religions in one for or another . A form of it can be found in the Taoist writings of ancient Chinese Philosophy written way before the start of what we call AD.

But my apologies that I am slipping back into my teaching role. It always amazed me that students found it strange that things they thought came directly from the Bible were in fact around a long long time before then.

Sometimes the Golden Rule is very difficult to live by.

People can indeed be very difficult at times as I am sure I am. I was thinking about this yesterday when I shared my afternoon with my friends. I am sure they sometimes look at me and wonder what goes on in my head but I am sure they think I am a fair person and would never ever hurt another or treat person unfairly. 

So they must have wondered where I was going when I shared the following little story.

A man owned a small small farm near in central Fife. 
One day he was visited by an investigator from the Inland Revenue. They had got a tip off that he was not paying proper wages to his workers and had come out out to interview him.
"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the investigator.
"Well," replied the farmer , "there's my ranch hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him £1200 a month plus free room and board.
The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her £900 per month plus free room and board.
He then stopped for a moment to consider.
Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18  hours every day, with no days off, and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about £10 per week and pays his own room and board.
But, I buy him a bottle of whiskey every Saturday night, and he also sleeps with my wife occasionally."
"That's the guy I want to talk to... the half-wit," says the investigator.
"You're talking to him," replied the Farmer.

I hope you have a wonderful day we might often feel like a half- wit but it is nice to be nice and any goodness shared can only come back around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment