Sunday 26 February 2017

Some Men!


My Son.

I am still smiling at the thought of the conversation I had with a very dear friend. She was telling me that she was on a diet and that there were certain things that she was not allowed. 

Now I respected that she was making a very genuine effort to lose some weight but I found myself reacting to her words. The words not allowed do not exist in my dictionary. I have spent my whole life fighting the idea that other people tell me what I am allowed and what I am not allowed. 

I of course live my life within the parameters of the law and realise that there are certain things that it would be irresponsible to do or not do. 

But to tell me I am not allowed to eat certain things just does not work for me. I do not do diets. I eat what I like when I like but do so sensibly and try my very best not to over indulge. it has worked for me for years and even if I have to admit that the older I get the harder it becomes, I still cannot live with not being allowed. 

I also have this thing if somebody, or some diet thought up by somebody, tells me what to do and not do, it is not my choice so it might work for a short time but it will not work for me for long. I need to make choices for me.

Now a friend of mine visited a dietician. He was having problems with his weight. The dietician said, "Right lets get you started on a diet."

"I want you to eat vegetables and grains for two days, then skip a day and repeat the procedure for two weeks. All going well in the two weeks you will lose around about five pounds."

Two weeks later my friend returned to the dietician. When she looked at my friend she was shocked, he had lost nearly twenty pounds.

"Why that is just amazing!" she said, "Did you follow my instructions?"

My friend nodded, "I have to tell you though , I thought I was going to die on the third day."

The dietician looked at him and said, "From the feeling of hunger you mean?"

My friend scowled and said, "No, from all that skipping."

Right I am off to make a coffee and have three ginger nuts to dunk in it and maybe even a chocolate biscuit. 

Have a marvellous day, do not over do the exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment