Saturday 25 February 2017

The train.

The second sketch of my friends dog. Another work in progress. 



I have done some crazy things in my life some of which come back to haunt me The Christmas I bought my daughter of four a train set. And the following year a pedal car that took her almost until the next year to reach the pedals. 

I always contend that I thought at the time I was doing the correct thing. Strangely enough I am somehow never believed. 

I was thinking about that train set and the one I later bought for my son, one that could collect mail bags from the side of the track.

When we put the two together and found a wonderful spot up in the loft to lay out the track we did have hours of fun playing with them. My son and daughter both still have these trains and still in working order in their boxes. 

These memories reminded me of the mother telling me the account of her sone and his train and his getting very caught up in the imagination and the playing.

her son had been picking up language at school and repeating it at home and she was finding it very frustrating. I have to confess that when she told me about the train playing I could not help but have a smile to myself. 

He son had been playing with the train and also being the announcer speaking over the tannoy. 

All of a sudden the train had stopped she assumed at a station. She heard her son saying, " All the bitches on the train that want to get off get your asses off now because as sure as hell this is the last stop.  All you bitches that are waiting to get on get, get your asses on now because we are already running late."

The mother had rushed into the living room and very angrily said, "We do not use that kind of language in this house. Now go to your room for the next two hours and consider what you have been saying. When you come back out you may go back to playing but only if you refrain from that language."

Two hours later the young lad was allowed back to his train and the game took up where he had left off. 

Soon she heard the train stop again and her son saying, " All passengers who are disembarking the train, please remember to take all your belongings with you. Thank you for travelling with us today and we hope your trip was a pleasant one. We hope you will choose to travel with us again soon."

Then she hears hime continue, " For those of you just boarding the train we ask you to stow all your luggage in the space provided. We would remind you that there is no smoking on the train. We hope you have a pleasant journey with us and find the journey relaxing."

Thinking she had succeeded in teaching hm a lesson she was feeling really good. Then she heard the following.

" All those who are peed off about the two hour delay, speak to the bitch in the kitchen." 

When dealing with others it is often not enough just to say that some things are not acceptable without being specific about just what you mean. 

I hope whatever you are doing today you find enjoyable and relaxing.

Have a great day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment