Thursday 9 February 2017

A Games of Three halves.


I was asked the other day there, "Why did you give up teaching?"

I was rather slow with the answer I gave. Instead of just saying, as I should have, "I never have." I went into a long explanation about my voice problems. As time went on they got worse and the evenings out of school were getting more or less times of silence. 

Had that not been the case I would have continued until the day they asked me to leave. I loved my time with young students, they made me feel young and there was never a day without a smile.

I have already shared some of the ridiculous answers that teacher get during official examinations but there are many, many more.  Having worked at writing examination papers and then being part of the team that marked and  checked markers I got more than my share of those funnies.

Before I share some more I want you to remember that the student was under a fair amount of stress. They also on most occasions knew something of the answer and were giving of their very best to give a good answer that would gain a pass.

So here are on or two more. 

Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red sea, where they made unleavened bread which is bread made without any ingredients. Moses then went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten commandments. He died before he ever reached Canada.

Solomon had three hundred wives and seven hundred porcupines.

Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock. After his death his career suffered a dramatic decline.

Joan of Arc was burnt to a steak and was canonised by Bernard Shaw. Finally Magna Carta provided that no man should be hanged twice for the same offence.

Johann Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and had a large number of children. In between he practised on an old spinster which he kept up in his attic. Bach died from 1750 to the present. Bach was the most famous composer in the world and so was Handel. Handel was half German and half Italian and half English. He was very large.

Now who would not wish to be a teacher?  

Have a wonderful day and remember life is a game of two half not three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment