Thursday 15 November 2018

Meetings



Last night I took part in my first community council meeting as the secretary and rather than feeling I was back at meetings in the church as the minister it turned out to be a fairly productive and positive meeting.

I came home thinking about that word meeting and the number of ways that we use the word. A meeting can be two people walking along a road and meeting. it can be used as a meeting of minds though a great many meetings can be far from such.

People can attend meetings but that does not always mean that they participate in them. I am sure we can all look back and think of meetings of all sorts some that bring back very happy memories and some we wish had never happened.

It is always worth remembering that we are here reading this today because two people had a meeting that sparked of a train of events that eventually arrived at your very being.

It has been said that it must have been a committee that designed the camel. 

I once heard myself saying to a friend. I hate meetings, meetings are a gathering of people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done. I am sure we have all attended at least one such meeting.

 Somebody once said, "A meeting is a cul de sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled. 

So my first meeting has past and who as yet knows which of the above it will later turn out to be but I left feeling a bit more positive. 

I, therefore, today look forward to all those who I will be meeting today as I visit the nurse to have my ankle dressed and then get on with the rest of the day walking and out and about in the village.

Who knows what might come from some of the meetings of my day because every day is a new day and every meeting is brimmed full of potential.

Have a great day full of joyful meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment