Wednesday 14 November 2018

A difference.


Somebody made a comment about this painting mentioning the trees there was no argument I agreed. So I did what I do frequently I tinkered with it to remove the trees. This turned out to be more difficult than I thought and in fact, was going to mean my starting from the beginning. Having far too many others things needing to be done I decided to leave it.

But that little argument in my head continued so back I went to look again.  Then an answer came my way do not change the painting at all change the style of presentation. So here is another example. I have taken another brush and gone over everything in the painting hardening some edges and softening others blending the colours and the little argument in my head left me.

It is a strange thing that we do when we argue with one another or with ourselves. We create opposing sides and so often ends up with everybody losing.

A little true fact shows this better than I am.

Years ago, a large statue of Jesus was erected high in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile. Called "Christ of the Andes," the statue symbolizes a pledge between the two countries that as long as the statue stands, there will be peace between Chile and Argentina. 

Shortly after the statue was erected, the Chileans began to protest that they had been slighted, the statue had its back turned to Chile. Just when tempers were at their highest in Chile, a Chilean newspaperman saved the day. 

In an editorial that not only satisfied the people but made them laugh, he simply said, "The people of Argentina need more watching over than the Chileans. 

A very little thought to end.

A horse can't pull while kicking. 
This fact I merely mention. 
it is also true he cannot kick while pulling, 
Which is my chief contention. 

Let's imitate that good old horse 
And lead a life that's fitting; 
Each day just pull an honest load, 
and then there'll be no time for kicking.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment